Hotels That Become A Destination, At Cheap Prices by destinia

Anyone who's ever traveled across Europe knows that it's a costly venture and hotels are probably the biggest expense. Without trying too hard, I could spend 750 Euros a night on a really nice Paris hotel. Berlin hotels are just as bad and Barcelona hotels could break the bank in a week if you paid the list price for accommodations. When I planned my own holiday, I made it a challenge. I wanted to spend a year traveling across Europe and I didn't want to stay in hovels, I wanted to stay in hotels that had swimming facilities so I could stay in shape.

Destination hotels aren't cheap. At least they aren't usually cheap. However, I discovered Destinia.com, a travel website that let me book quality hotels across Europe at discounted prices. Actually, I could have booked anywhere in the world (they have approximately 150,000 hotels worldwide in their database), but for the purposes of this holiday, I was focused on Europe.

I've always wanted to visit Spain. Barcelona has always struck me as a very exciting city, and I've seen some very fabulous looking five star hotels in this city. Without the power of Destinia.com, I doubt that I could have afforded any but the most modest of Barcelona hotels. However, by leveraging the amazing cost-savings capabilities of http://www.destinia.com I was able to book a hotel in Barcelona with a swimming pool for 60 Euros a night. And for a few nights, I stayed at Hotel Rialto in Barcelona, which not only had a pool, but also was situated in a wonderfully historic 18th century building. Not too bad for 75.40� (with the option for bed and breakfast for a bit more). To make my visit to Spain incredibly memorable, my girlfriend joined me for a weekend at the ultra luxurious Hotel Astoria. I splurged on this one at 423.53� per night, but thanks to Destinia.com, the weekend cost me what I would have expected to spend for a single night. There was simply no beating the spectacular view of the city from the eighth floor terrace and its swimming pool.

After my year of travel, I have a good idea of where the best hotels in Europe are located. And I certainly know where to go to book rooms. Destinia.com is convenient, easy and it saves money, no matter what type of accommodation you're looking for.

William Brill is a competitive swimmer and prolific blogger who took a year off his training to travel across Europe, enjoying the finest accommodations possible (including several luxurious Barcelona hotels) while spending as little as possible. William's theory was that if he stuck to only high quality hotels, he could enjoy their facilities and amenities instead of having to undertake costly tours for entertainment. Of course, his budget was limited, so a big part of the challenge was to find hotels that he could afford. Ultimately, William was successful and wrote about the experience through daily blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment